Saturday, July 4, 2015

Silky Rich Chocolate Mousse {Vegan}

via @easy.breezy.vegan on Instagram
I could eat a vat of this stuff.  Seriously.  It's so rich, creamy, silky, and decadent.  And the best part?  I could eat a gigantic bowl of this silky dark chocolate mousse, and it still be lower in fat and calories than a tiny cup of traditional mousse.

The vegan dark chocolate steals the show here with its amazing flavor and richness.  But the secret superstar behind it all?  Silken tofu.  

No, don't wrinkle your nose.  If you haven't used silken tofu in dessert recipes before, you might be weirded out.  I was too when I first saw recipes on Chocolate Covered Katie for silken tofu pies and shakes.  But it was love at first bite when I tried one of her confections.  

Katie, you're a genius.  :-)  Katie is not only one of the sweetest people I know, but she's pretty much a healthy food magician and I love making her recipes.  

This mousse is adapted from her recipe for Chocolate Infinity Pie, from her cookbook.  Minus the pie crust, in a bowl.  Still just as delicious.  And so easy!  Go whip some up right now, you won't regret it.  


Silky, Rich, Creamy Chocolate Mousse

Serves: 4

2 tsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp milk of choice (I use unsweetend cashew)
pinch salt

1.  Whirl all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until whipped and smooth.

2.  Refrigerate the mousse to firm it up.  Refrigeration for 3+ hours is recommended, but overnight is best!  I like making this at night and having it for breakfast.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment